There are many ways to obtain a membership, and many levels.
- Individual: fisheries professional or single person
- Student: high school, college, university, technical program, etc...
- Associate/Official/Sustaining/Golden memberships: organizations or wealthy individuals who can donate lots of time and/or money to AFS (generally doesn't apply to Student Chapters!)
What you will need to start:
- Credit card
- Personal information (billing/mailing addresses, email address, other contact information)
- Reliable internet connection
How to apply:
- Go to: http://www.fisheries.org/afs/membership_student.html#membership
- Click "Join"
- Make sure you are joining the appropriate membership level (as described above)
- Fields with an asterisk are required: first/last name, email, address, city, zip, country, login and password (enter 2 times)
This completes your order.
Having trouble entering information?
Make sure all of the fields with asterisks are completed in the correct format.
Credit card doesn't have 3 digit security code, or it is warn off?
Contact your credit card company to issue you a new card.
Your internet connection caused an error when processing order?
Wait for a confirmation email (atleast 2 hours) before you go through the whole process. This will avoid a double charge to your credit card.
There are many steps to this process. If you are having difficulty contact email@example.com, as we have gone through this process and are relatively familiar with online ordering.